Jennifer Mullen

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I have spent many years working to educate, support, and help change the lives of my students through providing a compassionate, constructive, and collaborative learning environment. Now it is time to turn the tables and provide these tools to help support other teachers! I love to learn and grow and am motivated by seeing the growth in the others around me.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I feel Averett’s program is a good fit for me because the program is created with the adult learner in mind. The classes are rigorous enough to keep me interested, but manageable enough to fit my very busy schedule. Pat Williams and other university staff are knowledgeable, approachable, and helpful.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Find a balance! When taking on this endeavor I was anxious that I would not be able to find a balance between work life, school life, and home life. But by setting small daily goals and working a little each day to reach them, I have found the balance to make my degree possible. To quote a favorite story I read to my kindergarteners, “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can… I knew I could!”

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

Although I have only just begun, I can see the finish line getting a little closer each day. I knew when I began that the Leadership Program would be tough, but all good things worth working for are. I just stay focused on the end goal. Having a support system of people who want to me succeed and believe in my abilities as a leader is vital to my confidence and ability to meet my goals.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

May 2018 will be a time of celebration and August 2018 will be the beginning of a new career!

Tags: