Elizabeth Fulcher online master of education

We recently asked Lizzy what is motivating her to earn her M.Ed. She writes, “I have been teaching for 8 years and have always wanted to get my Master’s, but wasn’t sure what I wanted to get it in. Last fall my Superintendent came to me and suggested that I get my Master’s in Leadership, as she saw great things in me and thought I would be a great leader. This was my sign and my time to move forward with my future. She believed in me and I decided that it was time to believe in myself and make this happen!”

We asked Lizzy why she chose Averett’s GPS Program, and she writes, “I chose Averett’s program because they had a very flexible online degree program that would work around my work schedule. I had heard great things about Averett and their programs. When I checked into it, they had a new cohort beginning the following month, so there again was my sign that it was time to start my new journey.”

We asked Lizzy to share one piece of advice for her fellow and future classmates… “One tip that I have for students completing online programs would be to keep a planner of assignments and due dates. When you are working full time and trying to balance life and school; it can be challenging. However, if you plan ahead and do things a little at a time then I have found that you will be less stressed and will be able to accomplish your goals.”

Lastly, we asked Lizzy what keeps her motivated while in the M.Ed. Program. She writes, “My motivation throughout the program is my future. I have goals set and hope to be able to achieve them once I finish this program. These goals keep my drive and ambition strong as I complete each class. I also have an amazing support group that helps keep me focused!”

Lizzy, we are so very proud of you, and honored that you chose Averett for this awesome journey in your life! Thank you for sharing your advice! We are so glad you are a member of the ‪#‎AverettFamily‬, and can’t wait to celebrate your Graduation with you next year! We know you have wonderful things in store for your future!

Tags: