ShawnCavendish1Meet Shawn Cavendish, Bachelor of Business Administration Student! We LOVE Shawn’s advice for his classmates, and his motivation to do GREAT things with his career!

We recently asked Shawn what is motivating him to earn his BBA degree. He writes, “I wanted to obtain my degree in order to advance my career. I also wanted to complement my experience with an education, so that I am well rounded and have the ability to move across different areas of the field.”

We asked Shawn to share with us why he chose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program, and he writes, “I chose Averett’s GPS program because of a referral. I knew I wanted to get back into school after taking a couple of years off, and before I knew it, I was sitting in front of Sarah Hudson discussing classes and when I would begin. The scheduling is also a large part of why I chose the GPS program. When you’re managing a store, you really have to be flexible and Averett, along with the faculty, have been really helpful in allowing me to continue my schooling and maintain my career and the demanding schedule that it imposes.”

We asked Shawn to share one tip for his fellow and future classmates… “Stay with the program! There are many times when the work seems like it never ends, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Reach out to those around you who are in the same situation. They may have some tips to help manage school and your profession.”

Lastly, we asked Shawn to share what keeps him motivated while in the BBA program. He writes, “In the beginning I was motivated to complete the program because I was determined to go farther than where I was at. I knew I was capable of much more than being stagnant in my (then) current position. Now, my motivation stays the same. I enjoy my new company, but I’m not stopping there. I am always looking for ways to become more competitive in the job market, so I will be continuing my education, after my Bachelor’s, and carrying the same motivation with me into the future.”

Shawn, we cannot wait to celebrate your graduation with you this year, and we LOVE that you are not stopping at your Bachelors! We’d be honored to have you back as a student in our MBA program. We are so excited for you, and so very proud! Thank you for your support, and for being an amazing member of the ‪#‎AverettFamily! ‪#‎WeLoveOurStudents

Tags: ,