You bring the motivation; we’ll supply you with the tools, training and knowledge to practice your craft with confidence. Our faculty is made up of leading educators and practitioners, who are ready to help you pursue your goals.
Who is this program for?
If you have an MSN degree, or if you are already a nurse practitioner in another population focus area, our APRN post-graduate certificate plan of study may be just what you’re looking for!
- Completed Nursing CAS Application (see link above)
- Graduation from a CCNE, ACEN, CNEA or NLNAC accredited MSN program.
- Must hold an unencumbered RN and/or APRN license in the state in which clinical hours will be obtained. Licensure in another state may be required in order to complete clinical hours (NC, VA).
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions.
- Three professional references from individuals who can address the applicant’s practice as an RN/APRN (ex. colleague, supervisor, collaborative physician). References from family members or friends will not be accepted.
- Professional Resume.
- Personal Goals Statement: A personal statement explaining your professional goals for the next 3-5 years should be submitted and be 500 words or less. The statement should also address how your Post-Graduate Certificate will impact your current practice.
- Current BLS certifications required
- An onsite interview with the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs, Director of NP Programs and/or Faculty. Those who reside more than 100 miles from Averett University may interview via a synchronous, virtual format.
The following criteria may also be considered when making admission decisions: individual grades in relevant undergraduate/graduate college coursework, communication skills, and relevant personal/professional experiences.
APRN students are required to complete 700 hours of clinical rotation. All clinical experiences are arranged for you!
Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen
Annual criminal background and drug screens are required.
TuitionEnter your description
$500 Enrollment Deposit for Nursing CAS
Plus Any Additional Clinical Fees
Are you ready to get started?
If you are ready to start your journey with us, Apply Today and request a FREE Transfer Credit evaluation!