anethia zerfoss headshot

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

My motivation for obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Business as an Adult Learner involves many reasons. I want to set a good example for my son. I want him to know that there is no limit on obtaining an education at any age. Now that I have a family I want to make a career change that will benefit us all for the future. I also want to fulfill a sense of accomplishment and completing a long term personal goal.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?      

I chose Averett’s GPS program because I have to work full time at this moment in my life to support my family. I find that I do not have time in my busy schedule to attend a class room setting in college. The online GPS program allows me to reach my goals in obtaining the degree I need to succeed. The flexibility with the scheduling of the classes keeps me motivated and allows me to focus on one class at a time to make sure I succeed.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

One word of advice is that it is never too late to return to college and earn the degree you have always wanted. Always stay focused on the goal you have set out for yourself. It is obtainable if you work hard and put your mind to it. All good things are achievable but it takes time and effort.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

I remind myself daily of the reasons I decided to go back to school to also keep me motivated. I know that I am changing my life for the better and failure is not an option. I cannot wait to have the overwhelming sensation of finally graduating and having my degree I worked so hard for.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

My anticipated date of graduation is the spring of 2021. I cannot wait to have the overwhelming sensation of finally earning my Bachelor’s Degree.

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,