Graduate and Professional Studies at Averett University
In today’s fast-paced job market, lifelong learners have the advantage. If you’re a working professional who wants to maintain your competitive edge or prepare to change industries, Averett University’s Graduate and Professional Studies Division (GPS) can help. We offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, health care, education, and criminal justice that teach the skills you need—and that employers are looking for.
Averett has been producing workforce-ready graduates for more than 150 years. Our commitment to adult students is strong, and we have experience providing degree programs that fit your needs. You’ll be able to use what you learn in class at work the next day, thanks to our emphasis on practical application of theories. And you’ll be able to study in a work-friendly environment, with classes made as convenient as possible.
The Averett GPS Advantage
Averett GPS programs are designed to support the educational goals of adult students from careers at every stage from entry-level to executive suite. With Averett, you have access to:
- Associate, bachelor’s degree completion, and master’s degree programs, as well as short-term certificates
- Convenient learning locations throughout Virginia
- Flexible online learning options
- Curriculum designed with the Virginia job market in mind
- Instructors with real-world experience and a passion for teaching
- Admissions, financial aid, and career services staff committed to your success
Our Degree Programs
Averett GPS currently offers the following degree programs to adult learners:
- Associate of Science — Business Administration Concentration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology & Criminal Justice (BSCJ – Online only)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) — Marketing Concentration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) — Leadership Concentration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) — Human Resource Management Concentration
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) — Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Master of Education in Special Education K-12 Virginia Licensure Track
- Master of Education in Special Education K-12 Endorsement Track
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision Concentration
Where You Can Study With Averett
Averett offers its ASB, BBA, MBA, M.Ed., RN to BSN, BSCJ and MBA concentration programs online. You can also pursue degrees at the following locations:
- Chesapeake - BBA, MBA
- Danville - BBA, MBA
- Martinsville - BBA, MBA
- Newport News - BBA, MBA
- Petersburg - MBA
- Quantico - BBA, MBA
- Richmond - Innsbrook - BBA, MBA
- Richmond - Watkins Centre - BBA, MBA
- Roanoke - BBA, MBA
- South Boston – BBA
Who Can Apply
Admissions requirements vary by program, but we generally expect applicants to have a good academic record and at least two years of full-time work experiences. Most of our GPS students are over the age of 25, and come prepared to work hard.
View our GPS Course Catalog for more information about admissions requirements.
Since 1859, students from all walks of life have prepared for their futures with Averett University. If you’re ready to join them through our Graduate and Professional Studies division, contact us. Or request more information and start down the road to your goals today.